- A strong cold front will move across the region today.
- Expect scattered thunderstorms with the front, with a few storms possibly becoming strong to locally severe. Strong winds of 40 mph to in excess of 60 mph will be the main threat, with an isolated tornado possible.
- Expect the greatest risk of severe storms across interior sections in the mid to late morning hours, with the threat east toward the coast in the early afternoon.
- Total rainfall amounts will range from one-half to 1 inch, but briefly heavy showers will be possible.
- A strong or severe thunderstorm is possible with the main threat straight-line wind gusts. But, an isolated brief tornado is a slight possibility.
- Monitor NWS Jacksonville and local media outlets for changes and trends.
- A slide briefing will be posted to our website as necessary. Stay tuned!